Webinar: What You Need to Know About Property Taxes
How do property taxes affect real estate closings?
Discovering tax information and issues is one of the many aspects of real estate due diligence. Understanding how taxes are assessed and which taxing authorities collect them is vital for title agents to perform their job of finding and clearing title defects.
During this webinar Mandy Seckinger and Jacob Dean review:
- The property tax system in the United States
- How property taxes are calculated
- The difference between ad valorem and non-ad valorem taxes
- Uncommon taxing authorities like community development districts (CDDs)
- A title agents role in discovering tax issues
- What's included in a PropLogix Tax Certificate
- Tax Lien Certificates vs. Tax Deeds: What's the Difference?
- Understanding Property Taxes When Buying a Home
- Learn more about PropLogix Tax Certificates
- Learn more about PropLogix Municipal Lien Searches